Keith County Estate Planning Lawyers
The desire to keep your wealth intact so your children benefit is a natural human instinct.
You work hard today to provide for you and your family tomorrow. We consult closely with you and give advice that is clear, enabling you to make the right decisions for you and your family.
At McQuillan & Wendell P.C., L.L.O., in Ogallala we advise farmers, businesspeople and their families in Keith County and the surrounding areas of Nebraska on all matters relating to business succession planning, taxation, asset protection and wider estate planning issues.
Our lawyers are often asked to analyze an ongoing business enterprise where the owner is considering introducing children to the business, and is in the process of deciding about future control.
Many of our clients also want to make sure the right provisions are in place for their own old age. At a time when you may become infirm, require specialist medical care or are unable to take decisions alone, we can give you the reassurance now that you will be cared for in accordance with your personal wishes in the future.
How We Can Help You
We are a long established, local law firm, and one of our founding attorneys Joshua J. Wendell grew up on a ranch. These close links with the farming community enable us to help you choose the right estate planning tools. We advise on the following:
- Inheritance and other tax liability issues — We have advanced degrees on taxation, and our advice will always take account of the tax implications of the decisions you make.
- Choice of corporate structure to ensure the smooth transition of your business
- The establishment of family goals
- Provision for legal liabilities, including accidents on your land
- Separation of income
- Preparation of all records and accounts
- Medicaid and care plans and nursing home provision
- Powers of attorney
- Wills and trusts
- Estate administration